Please sign in to post.

London Hotel

Hey, I need a suggestion for a good London hotel to stay in. We leave next week. We are staying 3 nights and have 2 full days so it needs to be ideally located. I need to book this really quick so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted by
649 posts

Jeremy
Not sure of your price range but we stayed at the Lime Tree Hotel-walking distance to a lot of sites and also easy Metro lines. Tad expensive but a few great eateries around the hotel as well.

Posted by
3428 posts

I don't think that there IS an ideal location. The sites of London are a bit spread out. However, you can easily get to most of them via the Tube or buses. So selecting a hotel near a good tube station (or bus stop) makes things easier. We enjoyed the hotel located in Victoria Station. It used to be called the Victoria Thistle, but is now called the Grosvenor, I think. Haven't been in about 5 years, but I heard that it was recently remodeled.

Posted by
8293 posts

You might try the Lancaster Hotel. Stayed there a couple of nights in April and while a bit expensive (in my estimation) it is well located and quite splendid.

Posted by
237 posts

Wow, you leave next week and you haven't booked a hotel for London? You may be limited to what you can get versus where exactly you want to stay. We really liked the Belgrave area near Victoria Station. Convenient, nice looking area well served by transit and small stores and restaurants etc. I just checked the Luna Simone hotel and they have some midweek availability but that looks like all: http://www.lunasimonehotel.com/ My advice is to not spend too much time collecting advice and act fast in booking something. London is great - have a great trip!
=Tod

Posted by
8570 posts

You haven't mentioned a budget. A room at Citadines Prestige Trafalgar Square can be gotten for $200/night. Centrally located. Easy strolls to Parliament Square, Horse Guards and Westminster Abbey. Trafalgar Square, the National Galley and St. Martins of the Fields. Covent Garden. Charing Cross tube stop.

Posted by
75 posts

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Ended up booking the Hoxton Hotel. Hope the reviews can live up to half to my expectations. We've been to London once before 4 years ago and this was a spur of the moment trip we just booked because a trip we were planning fell through. We are doing 2 nights in Paris and 3 nights in London and we leave Wednesday!!