Please sign in to post.

London Hotel

I'm looking for a moderately priced hotel in London with bathroom. My sister-in-law and I will be traveling there in September.

Posted by
1265 posts

Barbara - I'm not sure what moderately priced is, but the Falcon Hotel(near Paddington Station) is 95 gbp for a double en-suite and 99 gbp for a twin en-suite.

Posted by
1068 posts

My husband just got back from London. He had a single with bath for 79 GPB per night, in a good location near Regent's Park. As we were searching the web, we found a ton of good deals like that - especially B&Bs, which didn't seem nearly as expensive as bigger, "American style" hotels. We found TripAdvisor to be an excellent resource.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks to those who replies. I do appreciate your input. I'll check out the recommendations. Last time in London our hotel was pretty dreadful so I want to avoid that. Again thanks, Barbara

Posted by
92 posts

Barbara, I stayed at the IBIS London City last October for 6 nights. Our room was included as part of a package deal, but I believe it was roughly 70 GBP per night to stay there. The hotel is adjacent to the Aldgate East station in East London, so it was very easy to get around using an Oyster Card on the Tube. Beds were fairly comfortable, the bathroom was a futuristic pod of sorts, but it was a good value hotel. A few tips: if you'll be taking the Tube from the airport, only buy a ticket from the airport to the zone that your hotel is in. It's not worth paying extra for an Oyster Card to cover all 6 zones when you'll really only be traveling in Zones 1 and 2. We were able to buy a 7 day Oyster Card at the Aldgate East ticket booth upon our arrival. If you plan to take a laptop or iPad, and your hotel charges daily for internet usage, you might check to see if there's a Boingo hotspot at your hotel or nearby. The IBIS charged roughly 10 GBP per day for internet, but I signed up for a cancel anytime plan on Boingo for $9 per month and the IBIS was one of the hotspots in the area. So, I was able to Skype from the comfort of our room! Have fun! :)

Posted by
1068 posts

Barbara, this is probably WAY too obvious to mention, but do pay attention to the DATE that reviews were written, when using TripAdvisor or any other review site. Also, click through to Traveler Photos - they can be very revealing! Photos provided by the hotels tend to be well-lit, cleverly-shot, and sometimes misleading. Or, at least very "upbeat." :D

Posted by
4154 posts

We stayed at the Luna & Simone twice in 2009 and according to Trip Advisor, it continues being a good place to stay. They rate it as #33 of 1070 hotels in London. The location is great as was our room. There are several good places to eat in the area and the bus stops right outside. It's short walk to Victoria Station. Here is the link to the hotel's own website: http://www.lunasimonehotel.com/, and to the Trip Advisor listing: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d254575-Reviews-Luna_Simone_Hotel-London_England.html.

Posted by
1825 posts

I also recommend Luna and Simone. I was there in May for 5 nights. The staff is helpful, there are several nice restaurants in the area plus a grocery store just a short walk and the #24 bus right outside the door is fabulous. No elevator-so try to get a room on a lower floor.

Posted by
676 posts

Morgan House B&B, double room with ensuite 108 pounds, twin room with ensuite same price. However, I think the twin room is on the first floor, not sure about the double. Great location, 10 min leisurely walk from Victoria, safe (I walk from the Tube at night and in early AM a lot, just did it this past week), great breakfast.

Posted by
11507 posts

I stayed at the Base2stay Kensington and loved it.. down duvets, modern clean new washroom,, and bonus , small compact kitchenette, just sink, mini fridge and microwave,, but so nice to make a hot drink or heat up some take out. Two main grocery stores close by, two good Tube stations, and within walking distance from Victoria and Albert Museum and Natural History museum,, both great. Area is quiet and safe( I was solo) and I think I paid about 90 GBP a night. Would stay there again.

Posted by
15582 posts

I stayed at the Morgan Hotel in Bloomsbury, around the corner (literally) from the British Museum. Bus stop right in front to many places, including Leicester Square. Run by a father and son, lovely blokes, great breakfast, clean. There are several tube stations 5-10 minutes away.

Posted by
340 posts

Barbara, take a look at the London Lodge Hotel. It is near both the Earls Court and High Street Kensington tube stations. My husband and I stayed there for 6 nights this past October and were very pleased with it for comfort, cleanliness, convenience to transportation, and price. It has A/C, a lift (elevator), and a continental breakfast is included in the price. There are a lot of very good restaurants nearby (especially Bistro Benito and the Princess Victoria Pub); and a local grocery store on the way to the tube so you can pick-up water, snacks, etc. I emailed the hotel directly and they matched the lower room rates I found on hotels.com and venere.

Posted by
833 posts

St. Giles Hotel is very close to the Tottenham tube stop. It isn't an amazing hotel, but is fine, and was only about 82 pounds per night for a double at Christmastime. Our double room (bathroom ensuite) consisted of two small rooms, one with the bed and the other with a couch, chair and desk. There is a grocery close by where you can purchase sandwiches etc for the day, you within walking distance to most of the sights. Walk down a block and around the corner, you can stand outside a Starbucks and pick up WIFI to send some emails instead of paying for it at the hotel.

Posted by
32750 posts

... or for £1.50 for a small filter coffee you could sit inside, have a table for your device, be warm and dry, and enjoy the coffee ...

Posted by
1 posts

I can't recommend the Lime Tree Hotel enough. The location near Victoria is ideal and the friendly, helpful, and knowledgable staff are amazing. I stayed here with my 9 year old daughter for several days last year and now I am making plans to stay there with my husband. This is the place.