Please sign in to post.

London for less than $100

Any recomendations for hotels or b&bs in London for less than $100?

Posted by
3428 posts

That is a budget of about 60-63 GBP. That is VERY low for London. You might
want to consider hostels and university accomodations. The London School of Economics gets good reviews. Here is their website www.lsevacations.co.uk/

Posted by
3580 posts

I've stayed at the Charlotte Guest House in West Hampstead a few times. They may have a room in your price range. Some of their rooms are "share bath." A decent breakfast is included. The neighborhood is safe, and interesting. It is a 5-min walk from the W. Hampstead tube station.

Posted by
45 posts

google homestays - we found one 12 years ago and stayed with a lady for 6 weeks - last month we stayed with her again for 2 -
very fun to see her again and catch up - and you also get lots of culture!

Posted by
3941 posts

I just booked with someone thru airbnb...right near Vauxhall - was $71 canadian total. And there were some other great deals - and people with some great feedback/reviews - also using them for 2 nights in Montmartre, lovely apartment - $177 total...mind you, we haven't gone yet, but they all have great reviews.

Posted by
38 posts

Easy Hotel, there's a lot of mixed reviews for this type of hotel on TA, but for the price I'm giving it a chance and will be staying there in Oct.

Posted by
2367 posts

I also highly recommend the Charlotte Guest House, think I paid about 40 pounds for a night and stayed 2 nights. This is in your price range. Look them up for views on the net and see what trip advisor says.

Posted by
250 posts

I've stayed in several, all of which I loved.. Sadly, Two of best option have closed down and one now has WC's ensuite, so it costs more. I'm fine with WC down the hall.....if that is OK with you, my recoemmendation would be..... Near Gower Street Tube: Ridgemount Hotel, Arosfa (never been to that one, but it has good ratings, and I know where it is), Kensington: The Vicarage. The university housing are GREAT options as well...just check ratings

Posted by
307 posts

I've stayed at easyHotel Paddington....if you're easy to please, don't need furniture, just need a place to lay your head at night, easyHotel is a great budget option....no frills, no restaurant, no TV ( without paying a fee), etc but clean and functional

Posted by
132 posts

"Near Gower Street Tube: Ridgemount Hotel, Arosfa" I just spoke with someone at Arosfa 2 days ago, and they are pretty much booked through next summer. They had 1 triple available mid-May. The prices along Gower Street are among the lower prices I have found in central London, and I can see they are recommended, but they are filling up really fast, so if you want to stay there, I'd get booking pretty quickly.

Posted by
35 posts

If you dont mind tiny but functional, Easyhotel fits the bill. Tiny, no furniture, but very clean with shower and toilet en suite. Bring earplugs because these Eashotels are built in old creaky doored wooden townhomes and wooden stairs, so with people coming and going, it can get a bit noisy but not horribly. I just booked mine for 29 quid a night ($45) but that is because I book my hotels 3-4 months in advance. They go up to 75 quid on the day if you don't make a reservation. This will be my 5th trip using EasyHotel. They are in Paddington, Earls Ct, S. Kensington, Victoria, and a few other areas.

Posted by
1014 posts

hotelformule1, http://www.hotelformule1.com/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml are no frills hotels that meet you budget. On the ones in the outskirts, use Barking. The other one, Thurock, I do not recommend. You need a car to drive to the train station to get into London. Barking Ibis and HF1 are about a 20 minute walk to the train.

Posted by
67 posts

I stayed at an AirBnB but it's just for one. Good location in Zone 2, maybe a 5 min walk from the tube station and Kilburn high street. It was really reasonable - I'm thinking 35 GBP, and the hostess was nice (and not in your face). If you're looking for something like that, reply to me and I'll find her email or listing.

Posted by
26 posts

Hoxton Hotel. Sign up for their email specials, they sometimes offer rooms for one night @ 1L. You may get lucky and be in London when they have this offer, but you must respond immediately to snag that price.