Please sign in to post.

london

we are traveling to London the end of September to see the Steelers play at Wembly Stadium. We would like a nice hotel that is centrally located between the stadium and central London attractions. Any suggestions??

Posted by
3428 posts

I'd suggest that you consider staying in central London. You can easily get to Wembly by public transportation. There are plenty of choices in zones 1 and 2 that will allow you to use public transportation to get to the major sites. What is your budget? What else do you want to see/do while in London? How long will you be staying? The answers to those questions will help decide where you'll want to look. The more information you give us, the better our advice.

Posted by
3747 posts

Wendy, Is there any chance you would like to stay near the stadium the night before and after the game? If so, take a look st Premier Inn London Wembley Stadium. If that appeals to you, you will need to make reservations immediately, for I'm sure that hotel will fill up rapidly. Just an idea, because the crowds getting onto the tube right after the game to get to central London will be tremendous. The day after the game, you could move to a central London hotel. Premier Inn County Hall is a good location near the main sights. It's near the London Eye. For a hotel in between the Stadium and London, you may like Hilton London Paddington. It's connected to Paddington Station by a walkway. You can catch the tube, trains, buses from Paddington Station to many locations in London and around. This would be in London, but in the north west part of London, convenient to going to Wembley. http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hilton-london-paddington-hotel-LONPDHI/index.html You may also like the Hyde Park area hotels; they are a short walk from Paddington and well served by tube stations and buses also. Try the Hilton on Bayswater Road. http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hilton-london-hyde-park-hotel-LONHPHN/index.html Others will chime in, I'm sure, with some B&B or small hotel suggestions.

Posted by
5 posts

thank you for all the suggestions Has anyone stayed in the novotel west london?

Posted by
8645 posts

Doing same thing in October. Different team, same stadium. 49ers @ Wembley. I'm staying in a flat I found a couple of years ago on airbnb. It's my "will- stay-there-every-time-I'm-in-London-if-it's-available" choice. However, since you asked for a hotel might I suggest the Marriott at Regent's Park. Stayed there once. Bid for it on Priceline. Got a quiet 3rd floor room with two Queen Size beds, Wifi, cable. It was exactly like the room on their website. Exactly! Got it for $90/night. A STEAL for a hotel in London!!! Worked out perfectly. Loved that we could walk through gorgeous London neighborhoods to Primrose Hill and Regent's Park and explore. Lord's Cricket ground is out there as well. Interesting tour of a hallowed British tradition. Central London and all the sights maybe a 20 minute ride. Swiss Cottage to Westminster on the Jubilee line. There is a sweet tiny cafe in the library across from the hotel that had great coffee. Swiss Cottage is the tube stop and if memory serves I think you take the Jubilee line straight to Wembley. Maybe five stops. 30-40 minute ride.