Please sign in to post.

London Eye

Going in August, hope to ride London Eye on a Sunday evening around sunset . Anyone know what kind of lines we can expect on that day/time.

Posted by
5678 posts

Kerry, Check out the online tickets. You may be able to avoid the worst of the queue. http://www.londoneye.com/ I'm not sure if they flex by day so if you're waivering on waiting for good weather, this might not be an option, but explore the site and see what you can find out. Pam

Posted by
74 posts

I've taken the London Eye around sunset 3 times and the only time we had any kind of line was that first year it was open. I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to buy a ticket early you could probably pop by there earlier in the day and get one.

Posted by
792 posts

Hi Pam, thanks. The problem with buying any attraction tickets on-line is that you can't do the 2For1 deal on-line and with five in my family, we definitely want to use the 2For1 deals.

Posted by
263 posts

Consider this - if you happen to miss sunset and end up on the Eye at night, you'll get to see an amazing view of London at night. I mention this because last summer, I had planned to have my wife and me on the Eye for sunset, but she wanted to take our stroll along the Thymes more slowly. It actually worked to our advantage because when we got the Eye, around 8:30 or so, there was absolutely no line. We paid the lowest price available at that time, saw the 4D experience movie, and then walked out of the theater and directly onto the Eye with no lines.