Please sign in to post.

London, England

My family and I have been stranded in London on our way from Turkey to South Africa. We have a whole day before our make up flight leaves. What should we do? Thanks for your responses. Happy Travels!

Posted by
2775 posts

It would help if we knew if you were in London or at the airport.
Give us some more information.

Posted by
635 posts

You haven't mentioned what you've seen. If it's your first visit, I'd suggest heading to the Tower of London and possibly Westminster Abbey. Another choice would be Windsor Castle.

Posted by
8660 posts

Take the Express to Paddington Station, hope on the Tube to Westminster. Walk out Exit 1 at the Westminster Station.
Climb the few steps out into the light. Turn to your right and look up. Climb up those stairs and explore. Then take Birdcage Walk up to the Palace. Easy Peasy.

Posted by
32740 posts

Do you mean you are there now (or yesterday)? Or are you contemplating a forced day in London some time in the future?

Posted by
993 posts

I wish my problem was that I'm going to be stranded in London for a whole day. I'd pop into Liberty to see if there was anything without which I could not live, I'd have tea at a cab stand. I'd go see some of the amazing buildings I've seen in pictures in one of my books. I'd walk down to the Lambeth Bridge at take that postcard picture of Parliament. And I'd go to Westminster Abbey because I'm a bit "Peculiar" and I love it.