Please sign in to post.

London

WOuld like summer best price place to stay in london (prefer w/breakfast)-family

Thanks

Posted by
1035 posts

When you say best price, do you mean the absolute cheapest or the best value? Do you have a max? How many is it for?

Posted by
2 posts

I probably mean best price and best value. We know the dollar doesn't go far in London but we'd like to see as much as possible in three days, knowing it's quite pricey in general. I always like a good clean, safe place.

Posted by
291 posts

The best area for value for money in Central London is probably around Kings Cross where there is a good choice of places under $US100 for a double room with breakfast.

Look up places like Montana Excel, Crestfield, Wardonia, Meridiana Hotel, Alhumbra Hotel, California Hotel.

You should also look at the Travelodge UK site and look at their saver rates. They often have motel style rooms on offer for $50 or less.

I visit the US quite regularly and personally I find costs broadly comparable with the UK (do factor in you don't tip in the UK).

If you eat in places like Weatherspoon's pubs you can get steak with fries and an alcoholic drink for under $US25 for 2 people which I think you'd struggle in the US to do.

Posted by
1525 posts

http://www.edlear.com/

We stayed there in 2007 in a family room for 4 with an extra cot (so 5) and a private bath for just over $200/night.

It is not fancy (old creaky stairs, worn carpets) but it is well located a block from Marble Arch and Hyde Park. The breakfast was full English with cereal also (large) and the service was excellent.