Please sign in to post.

London

We will be traveling with our 14 yr old grandson and are looking for somewhere to stay. Average price with air. July 21 - 23. We looked through Rick Steves book but would like some feedback. We will be coming off a tour at the Grosvenor Hotel (Buckingham Palace Road) Since we are seniors and traveling with a 14 yr old we would like to be near things to do.

Posted by
635 posts

You didn't say anything about your price range or what you are looking for. It's really hard to give good recommendations for London because there are so, so many. Availability is also an issue. I suggest you go into TripAdvisor and look for B&Bs and hotels around the Circle Line which is the main tube loop around what I'd refer to as "toursist London." Prices and amenities vary considerably but if you are close to or inside this loop you can get anywhere in London easily. London is an expensive place to stay so be ready for sticker shock. You can get lower prices outside the Circle Line but those places would typically require extra time to get into London.

Posted by
1068 posts

We've had great success with the Marble Arch - Gloucester Place Hotel at (unsurprisingly!) 55 Gloucester Place. Website: http://www.gloucesterplacehotel.com/ It's a 4 minute walk from the Baker Street tube line on the Marylebone Road, and there are two bus stops right outside the front door. It is SUPER convenient to all of "tourist London." Prices are extremely affordable. Two of their rooms (#22 and #26, I believe) are in an "annex" next door to the main building, and are like cute little apartments. Both have a kettle and microwave, sink, dishes and utensils, and a fridge. One might have a small stove, but we didn't use it. Also TV, clock radio, ensuite bathroom. They will deliver continental breakfast to your room. And you can pick up things to nuke at one of the two nearby Freshchos... a regular, and an express. You might want to ask if they would put a cot in for you, and do a family rate - if that sort of thing is up your alley.

Posted by
993 posts

My husband likes the Premier Inn County Hall for its location. The price is not horrible but does not enclude breakfast and you can request a family room which easily sleeps 3.