Please sign in to post.

London

I will be in London middle of Sept. I have 5 days I want to stay at a B&B in South Kensinton and tube to the down town stuff daily. Rick mentchened a BB on his show the other night does any one know the e-mail or web page for the Aster BB in South Keninston. or any other nice BB for under 30 lbs a night close to the tube. Thanks Doni

Posted by
10344 posts

Doni: Enter "Aster" into the search box on this site (upper right), this will give you info on it.

Posted by
800 posts

Doni - I believe Rick is referring to the Aster House B&B in South Kensington. We have stayed there twice and it is a very nice place. It does not, however, meet your price criteria. The rate listed on their website (asterhouse.com) is GBP120 for a single and GBP165 for a double. We really did enjoy this location - a great residential neighborhood with shops and small restaurants. It was very convenient to the tube and we were able to do all the sights.

Posted by
7 posts

Thank you. Does anyone know of a BB that is clean and friendly in a safe aera that is close to the down town aera near store street.
Thank you Doni

Posted by
258 posts

Doni - I am also traveling to London in Sept (last week). I'm staying in the Kensington area because my brother goes to school there. I couldn't find a B&B under $100 anywhere around there. I'm going to end up staying at the Ace Hostel. Has really good reviews, and I don't think it will be bad. Kensington is the most expensive area in London (according to my brother).

Posted by
258 posts

The best priced B&B I could find in the area (with decent reviews) was The Vicarage Hotel. Not sure if I found this in Rick's book or elsewhere. They run about 50 pounds a night for a single without a bath.

Posted by
7 posts

Kelly thanks for the reply. I will look into the Ace Hostel. Doni

Posted by
7 posts

my daughter found me a B&B for 40lbs a small one room near where she stays. I will let you know how good it is when I get back. Thanks I spent hrs looking for a good cheap place. thans again. Doni