Please sign in to post.

London

Hi Am traveling to London end of April and would like suggestions on 3-4 star hotels. I like the Kensington and Earls Court areas. Open to other areas. Thanks Elsie

Posted by
3428 posts

We have enjoyed staying at the former Victiora Thistle Hotel- now called the Grosvenor. It is located inside Victoria Station. Very conviennt for the tube, trains and lots of good restaurants and pubs nearby.
If you want an alternative, check out the Radison Mercer St. Hotel in the Covent Garden/Neal's Yard area. VERY nice hotel, recently refurbished. Short walk from the Covent Garden tube station and very, very close to theatres, restaurants and shops. Easy walk to Leicester Square and other areas if you don't want to take the tube.

Posted by
341 posts

Last fall my husband and I stayed at the London Lodge Hotel, 136 Lexham Gardens, about a 10 minute walk from the Earls Court tube stop; and we can highly recommend it. It's on a safe quiet street, it's air conditioned and has an elevator. The front desk is manned 24/7 by pleasant and knowledgeable staff, it has very comfortable beds, and the breakfast included is tasty. We're heading back to London in a couple of weeks and hoped to stay there again, but they're full up. We're on their cancellation list - so there is hope! Have a great trip - Mary

Posted by
2788 posts

Have you gotten the RS London Guide Book yet? If so, good.
If not, you should get one as it has lots of helpful information for you in finding lodging.

Posted by
1446 posts

We're staying at the Mercure London Kensington. Have stayed there a number of times, but it's under new ownership now. It's air conditioned and has an elevator. It's close to the Gloucester Road tube stop.

Posted by
1010 posts

Hello. My husband and I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza, South Kensington, three years in a row. It is at 100 Cromwell. It is located directly across the street from the Gloucester tube station. You can walk to Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park from the hotel. The Crowne Plaza is part of the Holiday inn Hotel chain. You earn points for stays at a later date at any hotel in their chain. The Crowne Plaza has two computers that are free to use in their lobby. It is an upscale hotel with very nice rooms. They also have breakfast near the lobby. It is one tube stop (Knightsbridge stop) away from Harrod's dept. store, which has a great food court and upstairs restaurants.