Please sign in to post.

lodging in Edinburgh

I need to find lodging someplace quiet and comfortable that is either short walking distance from Haymarket train station, close to EDI, or short walking distance from Waverly train station. (I am flying out the next morning from EDI so am mainly just concerned to have a good night's sleep that night and not have to get up very early; I plan to catch the airport bus, or else stay close to EDI and get an airport shuttle bus.) I think my first choice is to stay near Haymarket, second near Waverly. Any suggestions of B & B's (or hotel)?

Posted by
317 posts

Hi Marcia, I stayed two nights here June 2010: http://www.glenorahotel.co.uk/
It was right around the corner from the Airlink bus stop. It was a small single room, for sure, but cozy and a very comfortable bed (IMO) and en-suite, too. Cheers.

Posted by
5678 posts

I stayed at The Walton in New Town. It's probably a ten minute walk to Waverly. I caved and took a taxi, but you could probably do the bus very easily. Also, they'll give a to go bag for breakfast. ; ) Pam

Posted by
3428 posts

The Royal British is across Princes St. from Waverly station. Great hotel with excellent breakfasts. I think you can get an airport bus right outside the hotel.