Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Copenhagen

Hello! Can anyone recommend a B and B or hotel in Copenhagen? We will be there 2 nights in late July.

Posted by
12040 posts

I stayed at Hotel Ibsens, and found it comfortable: http://www.ibsenshotel.dk/ The breakfast spread was one of the more unique offerings I have seen. It wasn't the usual break, cold cuts and cheese... One possible downside... if you're visiting in July, I can imagine you will need to keep the windows open at night. There is a bar of some sorts across the street whose noise level could possibly keep you awake. The solution I found was to wear my noise-canceling headphones and turn them on without playing any music.

Posted by
4 posts

We stayed at the Best Western Hotel City about 3 weeks ago. Nice, clean hotel, rooms were comfortable, clean and had classic Danish furniture and American jazz photos. Great breakfast buffet included in the charge. Within walking distance to most everything

Posted by
12172 posts

We stayed at the Phoenix and Opera. Both are really close to Kongens Nytorv Metro and Nyhaven. Phoenix was the nicer of the two, Opera seemed a little worn around the edges, but both were perfectly acceptable. We paid $125 per night for a double at both. I think Phoenix is normally a little more expensive, we had booked at the Strand (which also seemed nice) but when we arrived they sent us to Phoenix (Phoenix, Opera and Strand are all sister-hotels).

Posted by
33 posts

I'm thinking of staying at the Copenhagen Strand. Has anyone stayed there? input on that hotel? It does not have A/C but that doesn't seem necessary with Copenhagen's climate in July, however I have never been - that's just what I've read.