Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Copenhagen

I am looking for recommendations of places to stay in Copenhagen. Either hotels or Bed & breakfast. I am traveling with 3 children. (13 to 21 yr old. What is the most economical?
Amy

Posted by
12172 posts

Two questions, when are you visiting and how long are you staying? If you will be there in July or August, many hotels that otherwise cater to convention business will offer decent rates. My favorite area is around Nyhaven/Kongens Nytorv, which is amazingly easy to reach by metro from the airport. I liked the Phoenix and the Strand. They are both older medium sized hotels that offer comfortable rooms and good breakfasts (additional cost). The Opera is a little in need of renovation but otherwise fine and well located. If you are staying more than a few days, I'd look for an apartment to rent. I haven't rented an apartment in Copenhagen, so I don't know if the minimum is three days or a week.

Posted by
3049 posts

An apartment would probably be the most economical. I just traveled with 5 people total to Copenhagen and we paid the same price for a nice, very large apartment with a kitchen as we would have paid for one double hotel room. Check airbnb.

Posted by
126 posts

I think an apartment would be most economical. After doing some research, I found a few places on "airbnb." I found nice-looking places for 2-4 people for as little as $150 per day. We found an interesting place - we are staying on a yacht on a canal in the cool area of Christianshavn with room for 4 people with a full working galley, dishwasher, washing machine, 2 separate sleeping areas + 2 bathrooms for $183 per night - I don't know if you would consider something like this. I think for Copenhagen, that's pretty good, as while I was researching, I could see what everyone says - that Scandinavia is expensive. Have a fun trip. PS: Ha, I just read Sarah's post. Obviously agree with her.

Posted by
2 posts

Those all are great suggestions. I really like the boat idea as well. WOul dyou pass on their information? I will check out airbnb. Thanks! Amy

Posted by
126 posts

Hi, Amy. I found the boat through airbnb. I'll see if I can copy & paste link.
G.