Please sign in to post.

Itinerary

Landing Dub Sept 24 10:30. Leave Sat Oct 8. in a.m. Rental car at airport. Plan to circumnavigate clockwise incl North, ending with 3 nights in Dub - Kilkenny, Waterford, south coast, Ring, Dingle, Galway, 1 day Aran, Connemaragh, Belfast 1 night, Antrim, etc. Any comment? Is route doable in 12 days (with last 3 ngihts in Dub?) Any suggestions? Thanks

Posted by
8725 posts

It's doable. To drive from Dublin to Galway is only a two hour drive. Small island. Are you going to Waterford for the crystal? Family from there? Not that exciting of a spot and if it isn't a must see I'd drop it. See Glenalough via the Sally Gap on your way back to Dublin instead. 2 Days and Nights in Dublin is fine. Give yourself the 3rd day to visit Newgrange on your way north to Belfast and Antrim. The Dingle vs Ring of Kerry debate is kind of like Beatles vs Stones. I loved Ireland when I drove around it in 97.' Dingle penninsula blew me away. Roads are tiny and for some unnerving. Sheep everywhere. Those 7 days driving around Ireland were magical.

Posted by
32921 posts

I take it you have a new name for Dublin? Do you prefer where you come from to be called San or Die? Just asking

Posted by
977 posts

We did parts of Southern and Northern Ireland in 12 days. 2 nights in Dublin, 2 nights in Glendalough, 1 night in Adare, 2 nights in Dingle, 1 night in Donegal, 2 nights in Ballycastle on Antrim Coast, 2 nights in Belfast. Flew out of Belfast to Edinburgh.
We picked up our hire car after two nights in Dublin. Rented from Hertz on South Circular road which gave us easy and quick access to the main road south to Glendalough. Even the cab drivers hate driving in Dublin!!