Please sign in to post.

Isle of Man

For those of you who have visited the Isle of Man: Could you share with me your thoughts about your trip, please? Did you rent a car? Is there public transportation? Train? Did you stay in one location or tour the entire island? Any recommendations for things to see and places to stay? Thanks.

Posted by
375 posts

I'm not really interested in locations for that film. What got me thinking about Isle of Man was that I was watching the BBC show "Coast" and they had a short segment about it. Looked interesting and I thought it might make a nice side trip next time I'm in UK. Any posters from UK have an opinion?

Posted by
375 posts

Thank you Norma. I have already started to do research, but as part of that process, I was hoping to get impressions and recommendations from people on the Helpline who have actually been there. Thanks for the suggested website.

Posted by
8293 posts

The reason I suggested it is that it has is good info on public transportation as well as places of interest.

Posted by
375 posts

Thanks; I am checking it out along with other websites. Any other suggested websites are welcome, but I am especially interested in impressions from personal experiences.

Posted by
1850 posts

Have you tried the Tripadvisor forum? There aren't many postings, but perhaps a few of them would be helpful. I noticed they have a list there of the film locations for Waking Ned Devine, if that's part of your interest.