Please sign in to post.

Island of Aero

I recently saw a RS series of less travelled places and this was one of them. Does anyone know the name of the B&B that Rick Steves mentions? Unfortunately, I didn't catch the name. Also, if anyone has thoughts/suggestions/comments about this island, I'd love to hear them. Planning a trip for next Spring. Many thanks!

Posted by
14 posts

I think it's worthwhile to buy the current year version of the Denmark guidebook from Rick. That is, buy the 2012 version now, and then buy the 2013 version when it comes out. These will be d with the latest info on which B&Bs are still open, good, and reasonable. A single mistake avoided will pay you much more than the cost of buying the book a couple of extra times.
Having said that, I think a lot of the B&Bs on Aero are fairly competitive, as Danes do visit themselves, so they can't just get away with trying to fool tourists. I was there in 1999, and I enjoyed renting a bike and going around the island. As I recall, Rick's book of that year mentioned several good places, and I reserved at one that was very close to the ferry landing spot, and was very friendly and cozy. I would feel OK with picking one blindly, but I would rather pay for the latest edition and go with whatever the experience there says in that book. Enjoy.