Please sign in to post.

Ireland Tour 2009

Wife and I planning a RS tour 2009....any info. will be appeciated. She and 5 sisters did RS.... France 06 and loved it.

Posted by
147 posts

RS tours hit all the hot spots. It looks like a great tour. We've toured with a group (not RS) before and it has it's pluses and minuses. My wife and I like the spontaneity of heading off on our own to explore the unknown, which in Ireland there are many. In County Carlow we found the little towns of Borris and Craiguenamanough. In Borris there's O'Shea's store, which has a fantastic pub attached - you don't even know it's there - with an off-track "Paddy's" across the street. We spent hours drinking and eating and socializing with the locals as they ran back for forth making bets and drinking guiness, budweiser and irish whiskey. Every town has an old church, a small castle of some sorts, and a pub full of locals. We got a room above a pub (questionable judgement on our part!) and watched some football and hurling with the locals. Had a blast! I love driving in Ireland - the journey has it's own rewards

Posted by
158 posts

Check out imagineireland.com

Even if you don't rent a cottage, you will thoroughly enjoy exploring on this website...