Please sign in to post.

Ireland Itinerary

We are planning a trip to Ireland this July and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with making itinerary decisions. This much has been confirmed: we will be there for 10 days. Flying into Shannon and out of Dublin. Spending 3 nights in Killarney and 3 nights at Dromoland Castle. The hotel nights can't be changed. We will have 3 nights at the end after Dromoland Castle and this is the part I am having a hard time with. Should we be skipping Dublin and just concentrate on the southern area,leaving from Shannon or is it worth it to make our way back to Dublin. If so, what would be the best use of those 3 days ? From my research it looks like we can see some of the popular sights like Dingle Pennisula, Cliffs of Mohr, Burren etc in our first 6 days. I really need some advise and it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks !

Posted by
9369 posts

In the Dublin area are Newgrange (one of my favorite places in Ireland), Glendalough, in the Wicklow Mountains, and Powerscourt. You could also work in the Rock of Cashel on the way. I would definitely not skip at least the Dublin area, even if you didn't want to see Kilmainham Gaol, Grafton St, Trinity College, the Georgian houses, or anything else IN Dublin.