Please sign in to post.

Ireland for a few days

I am planning on staying in Dublin for a few days in June. What are the best things to see? (minding a budget?) and best ways to eat/ get around. Thank you!

Posted by
2081 posts

Stephanie, Welcome. you may want to give us/others an idea on what floats you and your families boat. also, if $$$ an issues, say so. you dont have to be 0.01 accurate, but maybe a range on $$$. When i travel , i try to use local transportation. Bus, train, horse..ect. i hate driving and that doesnt change when im on vacation. I will drive if i have to, but it will be the last choice. i had no problem getting around Dublin using the local bus, hop-on/hop-off, light rail and commuter train. also, dublin is more or less walkable but that will depend on where you stay and what you choose to see/do. I more or less ate at the local restaurants near my hotel. nothing really great or to write home about, but it filled a void. again, you may want to say what types of food you want/like or want to try. happy trails.

Posted by
11294 posts

Your questions are better answered by a guidebook, which no one can write in the 2000 character limit of this Helpline (sorry). So, start by getting one or more guidebooks (Rick's is here: http://tinyurl.com/kset94w), which will have lists of highlights (in the author's opinion), hotels and restaurants, and logistics like getting around, to and from the airport, etc. Then, if you have more specific questions, ask them here. "What should I see?" is far too general for anyone to answer. But, for instance, "I'm interested in Renaissance sculpture. Are there any places in Dublin where I can see this?" or "I'm looking for restaurants with vegan options" will get useful answers. The more specific your question, the more we can help. And for any question involving money, a specific euro amount is very helpful ("a moderately priced hotel" means different things to different people).