Please sign in to post.
Posted by
9369 posts

I haven't used that site, I have almost always just booked directly with Irish Car Rentals. When I have been looking, they have always had the best prices, and they have US-based customer service for questions or problems.

Posted by
4 posts

Using that website - you could end up with any car rental company as they use a car trawler form looking for cars across car rental firms in Ireland starting with cheapest price. If you want a peace of mind, I suggest going to the car rental company directly as customer services will be better. I've not had problems with Thrifty or Europcar late last year. Hope that helps

Posted by
14 posts

After checking Autoeurope and Malone, I booked directly with hertz before going and was very satisfied with service and costs. I picked up in Shannon and dropped in Dublin. I chose the super CDW. My bank's visa doesn't cover CDW in Ireland. The GPS charge is steep, about $14/day.

Posted by
43 posts

I dealt directly with the car company and didn't have any problems. I made sure that we had the super CDW and when it came time to turn in the car, we just had to inform the lady behind the counter what the mileage was and where we parked the car. Sorry to hear that you had many problems with Dan Dooley. A friend of ours got their car through Hertz and didn't have any problems getting what they wanted. Best of luck and enjoy your trip, Patty