Please sign in to post.

Ireland Car Rental

I am looking for recommendations on which car rental company to use for Ireland. Should I stick with Avis or Hertz?

Posted by
9124 posts

Pretty much all the same. Believe I went through Dan Dooley but that was a decade ago. If you are concerned about driving on the left side of the road go for the automatic. I took the shift, it was cheaper. Nary a problem driving on the left side. Joking say it was a breeze because I'm left brain and left handed. Even the roundabouts, piece of cake. Simply make certain you get ALL the coverage you can, don't' speed,
and watch for the sheep.

Posted by
9369 posts

I go with whoever gives me the best price, which has generally been Irish Car Rentals when I have been looking. Book with whoever looks best now, then keep looking for a deal. Most car rental agencies don't charge for cancellations, so you can cancel your first reservation and take a better deal if you find one.

Posted by
27 posts

I prefer Enterprise. They have a shuttle to/from DUB airport. They have always been friendly and courteous. Just go to the specific countries website (should end in .ie NOT .com). If there is a specific make/model of car you prefer, go to the various sites to see what they offer. I always rent a Ford Focus (4 doors) - compact enough for the narrow roads but roomy enough for traveling a lot.