Please sign in to post.

Ireland

Help! We are traveling to Ireland at the end of November, and have a few things we really want to see. However, I'm having some major difficulties navigating through the bus and train schedules. We are planning to stay in Dublin on the 18th and 19th, then we want to travel on Sunday, the 20th, to see the Rock of Cashel. Then, on the 21st, we want to travel to Ennis. We were planning on staying in Kilkenny, but it looks like the travel time to Cashel is almost two hours. Where would be most convenient town to travel to when coming from Dublin by train, and wanting to end up close to Cashel? In the same aspect, it would need to be convenient to also travel by train to Ennis. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by
105 posts

OK Kelli, this appears to be a tricky one. You could get the Aircoach from Dublin direct to Cashel on 20th, takes 2 hrs 30 minutes, comfortable ride, mostly on motorway. On the 21st, you can take the 8:00 am train from Limerick Junction to Ennis (via Limerick), takes 1 hr 25 minutes. Limerick Junction is 15 miles from Cashel, and there is no bus service that I can see. Cashel to Ennis is cross-country and is not well served by public transport. I can't see any easier way of doing your planned itinerary, it might be worth varying it if you have some flexibility. Anyway hope that helps somewhat.