Please sign in to post.

Ireland 6 nights

My wife and I are flying into Shannon and are staying 6 nights at Adare Manor. We are planning to use this as the home base and do daily side trips. Two days are booked for golf at Adare Manor and Ballybunion. Any other ideas on day trips ending back at Adare?

Posted by
9369 posts

1. Bunratty Castle, Cliffs of Moher, Burren, Doolin 2. Killarney National Park, Kenmare, Ring of Kerry
3. Rock of Cashel, Cahir castle, Blarney

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks for the quick response. In the 4 days available for touring, do you think all of the 3 you listed are doable? Or, is only one of the three listed doable?

Posted by
9124 posts

Small island Larry. Shannon to Dublin is 4.5 hours. Try taking a look at Google Maps, satellite view. You'll discover that the OP's suggestions are doable as long as you are comfortable driving on the left side of the road. Adare to the Rock of Cashel is about the same as Laguna Beach to LA without the horrific traffic.

Posted by
9369 posts

It does take longer to get a distance in Ireland than the same distance would take in the US. But each of the three things I listed could be a daytrip. You can use www.viamichelin.com to see the drive times from one place to another (add about 25% to their estimates to get a better idea).

Posted by
6 posts

Claudia, Thank you for the helpful input. I think I can handle the opposit side driving. Less hectic than Laguna in the summer time.