Please sign in to post.

Ireland

Has anyone ever had or heard of hiring a private guide with car in ireland for a week or so? Thanks

Posted by
199 posts

Margot, I haven't, but if you can drive, I'd rent a car and do it myself.

Posted by
484 posts

Hi Margot, I just received a brochure from this company,once again I know nothing about them. www.irelandtouring.com. I have known people who hired a private guide and were very pleased. It would certainly eliminate the stress on the driver of having to concentrate on the road instead of enjoying the senery.

Posted by
158 posts

Just returned from nine days in Ireland. Two days in Dublin and for seven we rented a cottage in County Limerick. We rented a car and hired a guide during our stay in County Limerick. This proved to be a very wise choice. I did drive in the evenings to dinner but having the guide made it possible for us to see the sights and not worry about the traffic, reading a map or driving on the left. Plus, we learned so much about the area that we would never have known.....the individual is now a friend for life....he did this as a favor for his neice but I know there are guides for hire ....it was well worth it!!!