Please sign in to post.

In the Cotswalds late May 2010

From reading since I am singly traveling by train from Heathrow, seems that Moreton in Marsh is the place to center. Suggestions for B&B's or hotels there and places and means to get around. I will be there 26-29th. thanks

Posted by
36 posts

I will be in Moreton in Marsh in June and have a room booked at the Treetop Inn. Rick Steves Great Britain 2010 recommended it as it is a quiet inn within walkin distance to the train station. The room rate was 65 pounds. Google it and read more on it to see if it meets your requirements.

Posted by
2 posts

Seems it is booked, but am looking to stay in the town due to transportation. Seems the area is well suited to investigation by car, but will be by bus and foot or bike.Due to that am a bit leery of going to far out into the surrounding countryside for lodging, though there are some nice looking places. For those looking for something a bit more cottagy or out there, which is what I would prefer I had a car is this place.
http://www.cottages4you.co.uk/sites/cottages4you/pages/Search_C_nomap.aspx?QS=3E0F3DCD-882D-4738-9E61-B90EA3C005F2~C~216~

thanks

Posted by
2800 posts

Here are three places you could try......

White Hart Royal Hotel...whitehartroyal.co.uk

Coach House B&B...townsend-cottage.co.uk

Kymalton House...cotswolds.info/webpage/kymaltonhouse-cheltenham.htm