Please sign in to post.

Iceland

We are traveling the first week of August. We have a few day stop over in Iceland. What would you suggest we see? is the Golden Circle tour worth it? We are spoiled in Seattle and have beautiful scenery, so wasn't sure. Other tours? The Blue Lagoon? Lastly, has anyone ever taken the day trip tp Greenland? Many Thanks

Posted by
2 posts

HI janet, We traveled to Iceland last Oct. 30. You should definitely do the Golden circle tour. The waterfalls and Geysers are spectacular and what is surprising is how close you can get to them. No guardrails or fences. Great photo ops. The Blue Lagoon is great also, a very unique experience. I really enjoyed the hot springs and mineral h2o and the Spa facility is gorgeous. You can eat there and bath and clean up. We did this on our way to the airport. I would also recommend trying the public pools in Reykjavik. It is a very Icelandic pastime to go to the pool and visit with you friends in the natural hot pots. Enjoy,
Joyce M

Posted by
24 posts

Many thanks for your thoughts. Iceland seems to be a new destination for most and I have not been able to speak to anyone that has been there. Cheers

Posted by
417 posts

We really enjoyed the Blue Lagoon and I would recommend the Golden Circle tour as well. Personally, we also did a day trip to Thorsmark and the South Coast, but if you have beautiful scenery, then I might skip that. We don't have much like that here in Florida, so that was the primary reason for doing that day trip. Reykjavik is easily worth two days. Whale watching is fun, but again, there are none of those in Fl, so that might be why we enjoyed that. Personally, we did not do the Greenland tour because others had told me it was not really worth the expense. More trouble than it was worth is what they said. PM me if you want any more specifics.