Please sign in to post.

Iceland 2012

Hello fellow travelers: Would love to hear recommendations for a trip to Iceland this July. We will spend a couple of weeks on the ring road so we are looking for recommendations throughout the country. I saw the 2010 postings but was looking for up to date information and ideas beyond the capital. Thank you!!

Posted by
43 posts

Hi Chelsea, I just went to Reykjavik a few weeks ago and though I can't give you much information about the rest of the country, I have to say that you must go directly to the Blue Lagoon once you leave the airport. I flew from San Diego to Seattle (~2 hours) and from Seattle to Keflavik (~7 hours). I arrived in Keflavik at about 4 am local time and had to wait a few hours for Reykjavik Excursions to pick us up because Blue Lagoon would not be open until 10 am. The Blue Lagoon was almost magical and after just an hour inside the lagoon, I nearly forgot I'd been on planes and in airports all day. It was a great way to be introduced to Iceland. I posted a trip report http://www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/helpline/index.cfm/rurl/topic/86513/trip-report-iceland.html. Hope this helps!
Andrea