Please sign in to post.

Hotel near Heathrow airport

If I want a hotel near Heathrow airport what in what's that area called? I cant find anywhere the name of the area where the airport is located to find hotels close to it. Anybody knows the name or has some recommendations on hotels? Thanks!

Posted by
3551 posts

Ck the London Heathrow airport website for nrby lodging help. you could also ck chain hotels like Sheraton, Holiday Inn, Radisson that also have hotels in the area.

Posted by
875 posts

We really liked the Jurys Inn-Heathrow. Clean, plenty of room, super quiet, very reasonable prices (especially on Fri, Sat, or Sun), and even good food.

Posted by
2026 posts

We also stayed at Jury's and it was fine. Convenient transportation connection to Heathrow in the morning directly in front of hotel cinched the deal. Modern hotel, decent restaurant for easy quick meal, and big breakfast was included.

Posted by
9420 posts

We stayed at the Hilton attached to one of the terminals at Heathrow and loved it....Just google Hilton hotel Heathrow.

Posted by
1986 posts

There are a number of large Marriott style hotels just off the airport, all connected to the terminals by a frequesnt shuttle bus (Hotel Hoppa). We stayed at Renaissance, but others are similar. good rooms, good breakfast. Convenient for in between flights

Posted by
32741 posts

>>If I want a hotel near Heathrow airport what in what's that area called?<< - The best term to put in the search is "Heathrow". I know it sound cheeky but its true.

Posted by
32741 posts

Gaby if you PM me the names, I'll have a go...

Posted by
69 posts

We are paying for our hotel through one of those sites that sets up all hotels, sightseeings,trains from city to city... We need to stay close to Heathrow but in all the hotel options that it gives me in London I ca'nt figure out which one will be better because they don't say distance to airport =/

Posted by
1717 posts

Hello Gaby. If you want a relatively low priced hotel that is decent, the Hotel Ibis - Heath Row is near the airport. The hoppa shuttle bus from Heathrow Airport goes to it. That hotel has low prices for people who totally pay in advance, using a credit card at the hotel's internet website.

Posted by
37 posts

The Hilton attached to Heathrow is great. I'll always stay there for a day or two layover before heading out for an early flight. It's nice to be close. Have a great trip!

Posted by
241 posts

VERY IMPORTANT - I fly to/from Heathrow a lot - you MUST know the terminal before booking the hotel (this is a HUGE airport and it's not easy to quickly move from terminal to terminal). I like the T4 Hilton (expensive) and T5 Sofitel (expensive). Piccadilly line is the Tube (metro) serving H'row. s :o)

Posted by
18 posts

How can you find out which terminal you are flying in/out of? Thanks!

Posted by
1446 posts

These are good suggestions - the airport is located in Hounslow.

Posted by
241 posts

Re: terminal - prob obv when you have your ticket but haven't looked for a long time. Basically, at H'Row British Airways uses T5. Most other US-UK T4, etc. Check with booking agent. (I use certain airlines for certain routes so I know where I'm going). s ;o)

Posted by
69 posts

Thanks for all the responses! We are flying International with british Airways so I'm guesing Terminal 5?

Posted by
425 posts

I love the Sheraton Skyline with its atrium around the pool area. That part of the area around the north side of the airport just falls within HAYES. There's not an awful lot around the T5 area on the south west side.

Posted by
241 posts

Hi again CHECK you're coming into T5. I can't over-emphasise the hasstle you'll have otherwise. Expect airport staff to be rude at H'row - if they're not then that's a bonus (I had to appologise to people from US last time I was flying home). H'row is NOT user friendly. BA and BAA (BA the airline and the other the British Airports' Authority directly run H'row) provide a little cartoon on one of the websites on navigating around H'row I think. BA usually plays something on the plan before you land. Leave lots of time. Public transport is very easy to use in London and taxis are VERY expensive. Only problem you might come across is pickpockets (they concentrate on the tourist hot spots). If you carry a handbag put it over your shoulder UNDER your coat. You'll see that's what the locals do. Don't leave things unattended. In terms of serious problems you'll be very safe. Thus, you'll be shattered but a close hotel will be worth its weight in gold! Note - I fly in and out a lot so I know H'row - I do actually LIKE it! (I'm lost in Dalles Forth Worth, La Guardia, etc!) s :o)

Posted by
11 posts

British Airways, Terminal 5. Very convenient is the Sofitel Heathrow Hotel. It is connected to Terminal 5. Very nice hotel. No worries of getting to or from the terminal. I am flying United to London and I am staying at the Hilton Heathrow which is attached to Terminal 4.

Posted by
3 posts

We spent our last night at Jurys Inn before an early mornign departure at Heathrow. We took the train to Heathrow, walked a block to Jurys Inn from station. In the morning went back to station and took FREE bus to airport. Inn was quiet and clean, dinner at restaurant was decent, we didn't do the buffet. We were very pleased with decision to stay at Jurys Inn.