Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Copenhagen

Does anyone have a good hotel that is centrally located and reasonable in Copenhagen. Does not need to be fancy, just your typical small hotel so I will not need a car. Going in April if that makes a difference. Also ideas on what would interest a 11 year old boy as I am taking my grandson.
Thanks

Posted by
118 posts

Copenhagen is a great city to walk around in. There are a lot of places to visit and stay. You should look at the Rick Steves book that covers Copenhagen and he has several hotels listed. We have stayed in a few and he was spot on each time. The Tivoli Gardens is a must with your grandson. We always have a hot dog from one of the outdoor stands that are all over the city, they are great. Any way, find the travel book by Rick Steves and let your grandson pick some places to visit and make him responsible guiding you from the directions found in the book. You both should have a fantastic time.

Posted by
1446 posts

I agree with Charles. We selected the Cab Inn recommended by RS. Very small but reasonably priced and very clean. Everything we wanted to see was in walking distance or an easy walk to the train. The Viking museum would be great for your grandson - we took the train to it.