Please sign in to post.

Hostels in London

My husband and I are 28 years old and looking for a hostel that's a nice blend between lively and laid-back. Basically, we'd like to meet other travelers but not stay in a party hostel. We're also looking to stay in a private room with a private bath. Any suggestions of central, reasonably priced hostels that fit the bill?? :)

Posted by
32171 posts

Ashley, You might have a look at the HI Hostels website. They appear to have about seven properties in London, so that will give you some choice on which area to stay. Note that double rooms will probably have two single beds. You'll have to check the websites to find out which ones are equipped with ensuite. With double rooms, it's a good idea to book early! I've found that HI Hostels are fairly consistent from one location to the next, and are well run (ie: NOT party Hostels). Having an inexpensive HI Membership will provide better rates and preferred booking over non-members. Happy travels!

Posted by
8700 posts

It's not quite so centrally-located as many other hostels, but Palmers Lodge has exactly what you're looking for.