Please sign in to post.

horseback riding in Ireland

I was looking into going to Ireland, and i really wanted to go horseback riding. specificly post to post. i was wondering if anyone had any information.
thanks

Posted by
61 posts

I went riding during my trip last year and it was probably the best thing I did. I would check out the website Nancy mentioned to get an idea of what is available. I went in Sneem, which is a very small town, but there are lots of farms and stables all over the countryside. I believe it was in the neighborhood of 25-30 euro for an hour's ride. We actually got a longer ride than we bargained for, we rode through a tidal pond on the way out (which was really cool!), and the tide came in faster than expected, so we had to go the long way around through another town to get back. If you go as part of a tour, your guide should be able to help you set that up, or someone at your hotel desk could help. I noticed that everyone there is anxious for business, so you could ask in a pub or shop for someone to recommend a place (that would probably work better in the country rather than say, Dublin). Good Luck!

Posted by
19 posts

I just returned from a trip to Great Britain and Ireland where we rode horses near Doolin. They have different packages including overnight ones. We were very pleased with our experience. The website is: mountainviewtrekking.com