Please sign in to post.

Help with Ireland Itinerary

Traveling in Ireland for two weeks arriving Dublin August 26 and leaving from Shannon September 8. Have a partial itinerary and need suggestions for filling in the last week. August 26 & 27 - Dublin - Conrad Hilton August 28 - Pick up rental car and drive to Wexford. Staying 3 nights to meet family that are descendents of my grandfather. August 28, 29, 30 - Wexford - Whitford House August 31 - Drive to Kinsale. Stay two nights August 31, September 1 - Kinsale - Either Landfall House or Woodlands House B&B September 2 - Drive to Dingle. Stay two nights.
September 2 & 3 - Dingle - Heaton's Guesthouse From here I would like to see the Cliffs of Moher and Doolin. That leaves me with 3 nights and then 1 night near Shannon Airport. Can drop off car on September 7, stay the night near hotel (recommendations) for a flight at 9 am to US. Would like suggestions from Dingle to Shannon airport for those 3 nights (4th night near Shannon Airport). Enjoy seeing countryside, pubs, history & meeting Irish people. Thanks in advance for advice.

Posted by
26 posts

On my honeymoon, we flew into Shannon and spent our first night in Doolin...cute little town with fun pubs and beautiful views. You might want to try out Westport or Clifden...lovely towns with good seafood! Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
29 posts

The Aran Islands? Donegal? I adored both places. A bit of driving involved but both places are gorgeous and vastly different from other landscapes.

Posted by
5 posts

Antrim Coast in Northern Ireland! Just a few hours' drive from Dublin will land you on the A2, which hugs the Northern Ireland coast. It's gorgeous. The only place I loved more than Antrim Coast was Dingle Peninsula. It's lush, breathtaking, and like no where else on earth where I have been. I am headed back there next month. I plan to drive north to Bangor (Belfast area, right on the bay, lovely little town) for the night, then the next day drive around the coast from Belfast, to Giant's Causway, stopping at Glenariff National Park (the prettiest glen of the Glens of Antrim), Dunluce Castle, and at many of the cute towns that sit right on the coast. We'll spend the night in picturesque Cushendall. So, basically, 2 days and 2 nights in N. Ireland. It's so worth it.