Please sign in to post.

Heathrow to London

I will be landing in LHR in the early morning what would be the best way to travel into London? I will be solo. Cheers!

Posted by
2081 posts

hi, define best. and at what time. cheapest,
slowest, fastest happy trails.

Posted by
3428 posts

It depends...
If you are heading to somewhere near Paddington Station and time is a priority (and money is less of one), then use the Heathrow Express(most expensive, but very fast -about 15 min.) or Heathrow Connect (not quite as expenisve, and a bit slower). If you are not heading to somewhere near Paddington, and money is more of a concern than time, then use the Tube (cheapest, but can take up to 45min. or an hour to get into London- depends on your destination). If you want individualized service, and neither time nor money is a big concern, book a car service.

Posted by
11294 posts

To add to Toni's reply: If you are not headed to a hotel near Paddington Station, taking the Heathrow Express or Connect is not a great idea. Even though it's "so fast," you then have to get from Paddington to your hotel, which will take time and/or money. The tube is inexpensive, but if you're going to do that, you can take the tube the whole way; taxi is expensive, so if you're going to do that, you might as well book a car service the whole way. Booking a car service in advance (Just Airports is often recommended, but there are others) is cheaper than getting into a black cab at LHR.

Posted by
15 posts

I fly in a couple of times a year, and have bounced between taking the tube (we usually stay near Russell Square, so it's the same line), and the Heathrow Express, transferring to a taxi. Since we never have a time crunch, our habit has become to have a cup of coffee at one of the coffee shops in the Arrivals area for an hour or so, then hop on the tube. I like the tube better than the Express, even though it takes longer, it's a straight shoot to where we need to be.

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks Everyone - Price is my first concern sounds like the tube is they way to go. I am in no hurry the morning I fly in may go strait to catch the changing of the guide before I can check in. Cheers!

Posted by
32746 posts

catch the changing of the guide That's a new one. Do they hand off in the middle of the street? Visualizing s relay race with a baton....