Please sign in to post.

Heathrow Hotel

We are looking for a clean non-smoking place to sleep with decent food at Heathrow. Since we're flying Delta, I think we'll be at Terminal 4. Is this correct? I keep reading about the Hoppa Bus and also notice on the Heathrow's website and list of "free" travel areas. I've looked at the Hilton at Terminal 4 but am not truly impressed with the reviews. Any advice on hotels and where to catch a reasonable dinner the night before we fly home?

Posted by
16190 posts

What time do you get in, and what time is your flight the next day? Mi ask because if you have an afternoon flight,mew find it worthwhile to go to Windsor for the night rather than spending it at a faceless airport hotel. Windsor has a lovely walking path along the river and some nice restaurants. The B&B we like has double rooms for £90 and serves an excellent breakfast. It is 40 minutes by bus from T5.

Posted by
1021 posts

Last month we stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow which fits your requirements. Some older reviews are unfavorable however a refurbishing has made it a nice hotel again. The restaurant was good with a nice menu selection at reasonable prices. Free wifi in the lobby and restaurant. It's on the Hoppa Bus however we used the car rental shuttle as we had turned in our car at the Thrifty office at the hotel the night before.

Posted by
990 posts

Yup, the critical issue is when is your flight? I would not want to be hassling with the M25 catching an early morning flight. My advice would be to have one last nice meal in London, then make your way to your hotel and bed down. If all you need is a bed and a shower that is dead-on convenient to Terminal 4, consider the Yotel there. They are actually landside in Terminal 4. They rent by the hour, so you can just book what you need. The rooms are much like a cruise cabin. The rooms are cleverly set up with a double bed that cranks back into a couch, a flat screen tv, and a bathroom with rainshower shower head. Just across the hall is the Wetherspoon chain pub; food is what you'd expect, but they always have three or four real ales cask conditioned and well-kept. When we had eight hours to kill on the way home from Spain, I booked a few hours at the Yotel for a nap, then killed a pint of beer (OK, a pint and a half...) then caught my home-bound flight.