Please sign in to post.

Great British Heritage Pass

We will be driving in England for about 15 days. We enter via Chunnel (London) and will drive south to Cornwall, north by Bath to Orton/Haltwhistle, then south by York to London. Would the Great British Heritage Pass be worth it? At least 30 of the sites listed we have on the itinerary already.

Posted by
591 posts

For sure. We visited 15 properties several years ago and it saved each of us about $150. With 30 places to visit you'll save a bundle.

Posted by
177 posts

It looks like the 15 day pass cost about $150.00 so you should save a lot.

Posted by
22 posts

And there is a sale going on if you buy before March 25th!

Posted by
571 posts

We found the pass to be worthwhile for a couple of reasons. When researching the pass, I listed all the must see items covered on the pass and compared price for regular entry vs. the pass amount divided by number of days. Then I listed all the other sites I would have liked to see if there was time. We would have just about broken even if we saw only the must sees, so paying for the pass was worth the gamble to me. As it turned out, we saw all the must sees, plus about half of the additional sites during our two weeks. Some of those extras turned out to be among our favorites. So not only did the pass save us money, it also brought us to some great additional sites we otherwise would have skipped.

Posted by
635 posts

I have just finished pricing the single admissions for a 2 week trip against getting the GBHP. For me it is definitely worth getting. My advice is to plan what you are going to see and doing the math. I found that just a few sites with very high admissions drive the decision to getting the pass. If you aren't going to the high cost sites, it wouldn't be worth the cost.