Please sign in to post.

Great British Heritage Pass

I understand that the 4 day pass is 4 consecutive days but does anyone know what happens if you miss using it one day? Say your first day is Monday and for some reason you can't use it Tuesday, can you still use it Wednesday and Thursday and just loose one day? Or do you just loose it all together? I've sent an email to the Visit Britain website but haven't gotten an answer back yet.

Thanks!

Posted by
8293 posts

The way I understand the info on the website, the pass "is valid for the number of days you have purchased it for", so a 4 day pass is valid for 4 days, and the clock starts running the first time you use it.

Posted by
2023 posts

I think Norma is correct. We purchased one that was for a much longer time period. We began at Stonehenge and used it throughout England and in Scotland (ours covered Scotland as well). We pretty much planned sights around it and doubled the value of the pass--kept a log of what we were saving--it was amazing.

Posted by
81 posts

Hi, why don't you ask the question to the guys at isango.com, I've read from other posts that they are very responsive. They also have other passes.

Dan

Posted by
102 posts

We used the pass last year and it works exactly as the other's say. We had a 15 day pass to cover all our days in England, but we only used it 6 of those days. We broke even at 3, and saw one thing we would not have done if it were not on the pass and I'm glad we saw it. We could have utilized it even more, but chose to do some other things instead.

Posted by
380 posts

Thanks everyone! I finally got an email from them yesterday afternoon and this is what they said:

"Your four day pass is valid for four consecutive days. If you do not use it on one of the days you can still use it on the next as long as it is within four days of the day you first used it."

They are having a special right now on the 4 day pass, buy one get one free, which I think will be perfect for us.

Thanks again!

Posted by
993 posts

Hi Karen, I'm a long standing member of British Heritage and on a trip with my sister we got her, if I remember correctly, a 15 day pass. At first I'd show my membership card and they'd glance at her and pass us both through. It wasn't until our last week in England did someone take note that it was a temporary pass and it was then that her 15 days began. If this does not happen for you I'm glad the 4 day is good for you. Have fun.

Posted by
7 posts

Karen, can you please tell me where I can get this 2 for 1 special. On the GBHP website they only show a winter special--2008 pricing. Thanks!

Posted by
380 posts

You apparently have to be on the www.visitbritain.us website, not the visitbritain.com, I never realized there were two different sites. Once you are on there scroll about half way down the page and look on the right for the "great deals" section. You'll see it listed there. I was told in my emails that when you ordered one they would automatically send you a second one and as of February 27th they still had them available. I should be getting ours this week and I'll let you know if I didn't get my free one for some reason.

Posted by
36 posts

I just looked at the Great British Heritage pass and it doesn't have discounts for the sights in London. We are visiting for 7 days and are basically staying in London - is there a better sight with 2 for 1 tickets for sightseeing in London?

Posted by
525 posts

2FOR1 London Attractions and much more

Over 100 fantastic 2FOR1 offers at top London attractions, restaurants, theatres and much more. Combine your visit with Free London activities and see lots more suggestions in our London Culture Guide.

Google two for one discounts in London, England. You can print off the coupons....
Also go to daysoutguide.co.uk. This gives you all the coupons for the two for one and free events like ceremony of the keys where you have to send for the ticket with a form from your US postoffice. Check out the site.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi Karen

You can also join one of the heritage associations in Britain (such as English Heritage) which kills two birds with one stone by giving back to these amazing places AND getting to see them.

The Heritage Pass isn't as good as it used to be with some notable absences like some of the royal palaces etc. And be careful not to fall for some of the advertising for other cards that give you 'free' entry to things that are already free eg. public museums.

Above all - enjoy!

Posted by
2026 posts

We just got our passes Fed Ex this afternoon. As the bard hath said, "All's well that ends well". Cheers!

Posted by
2026 posts

Karen..thanks for the 2 for 1 tip concerning the GBHeritage pass. The website I saw said "whilst stocks last", and the email I received from them few days ago said the offer was still valid. We are waiting to receive our tickets but are confident all will be well. Thanks agian for the info; we saved a bundle. This is what makes a site like this so valuable. I also like to hear others' opinions and experiences as well.