Please sign in to post.

Eurostar Trains On Time

Do Eurostar trains typically run on time or are they like airlines and frequently behind schedule? Thanks.

Posted by
668 posts

Maybe we were unlucky, but our train from London was over an hour late in leaving. Fortunately, Paris was our destination, so missing a connection was not an issue.

Posted by
1035 posts

I was on last month, LON to PAR, left 40 mins late..... I don't think that happens often from past experience.

Posted by
707 posts

The first time, right on schedule. Last September there was a problem in the tunnel and we were a little late. So one out of two for us. :)

Good luck.

Posted by
5803 posts

Big delays are not that common. You can get compensated if there is delay of more than certain amount of time (check their contract ... I think it might be for an hour or more).

I've taken the Eurostar 20 to 30 times. I've had delays of significance twice.

Posted by
138 posts

The Eurostar from Paris to London on Saturday, July 3rd was about an hour late due to some type of problem on the high-speed portion of the line, if I understood the announcement correctly. It started late and slowed down to almost a stop several times.

Posted by
2800 posts

The times that I went on the Eurostar it was on time. But things could happen to make it run late, but that's not very common.