Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh hotels

We are taking the ferry from Belfast, then on to Edinburgh for 2 nights, before heading to London via rail. Any suggestions on lodging for $150-250 per night? Thanks!

Posted by
32201 posts

kate, If you don't mind staying a short distance from the Royal Mile, I would highly recommend Hotel Ceilidh Donia. It's just off Dalkeith Road, about a 10 minute Bus ride from Waverly Station. Happy travels!

Posted by
484 posts

Hi Kate!
The hotel suggested above is indeed a good choice. However, if you want to save some money - Kenvie Guest House by Vidlers is just a few buildings down from Hotel Ceidlh-donia. Kenvie is nice and clean. The Vidlers are friendly and helpful and put-out a good "full Scottish" breakfast every morning. Some rooms have their own bathroom. The rooms have basic décor. There are some steps to walk up. Easy and cheap bus connection to middle of Royal Mile. Short bus trip. The bus runs all day and into the night, so transportation is easy. Vidlers will give you a "business card" listing the bus numbers for you. No hassles.

Posted by
837 posts

Six Brunton Place is the place. It is #1 B&B on tripadvisor.com. Wonderful place. Great included breakfast with lots of fresh fruit. MUCH closer than anything on Dalkeith Rd. Well within your price range, unless you are a large group.

Posted by
5678 posts

I've enjoyed The Inverleith. You might want to plug in your dates and price into the VisitScotland search and see what comes up. Pam

Posted by
18 posts

Thank you all for the suggestions. I've booked 2 nights at Six Brunton Place..will post how our adventure went on our return in July.