Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh

Looking for accommodations in Edinburgh, Oban, Inverness. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Posted by
1266 posts

Denise - In Edinburgh our family stayed at Mingalar B&B(www.mingalar.eu/) it's about a 15 minute walk from Waverly station. The prices are very reasonable and the breakfast was quite satisfying. The owner Clive is very knowledgable about the goings on in Edinburgh. In Inverness our family stayed at St Anne's Guesthouse(www.stannshouse.com) it's about a 15-20 minute walk from the train station. Like Mingalar the prices are reasonable and the hosts, Robert & Mary Anne , are fantastic. Also the garden is just wonderful to sit in after a day of sightseeing.

Posted by
5678 posts

in Edinburgh I stayed most recently at The Walton which is in New Town. I've also stayed at a small family hotel, the Inverleith which is near the Royal Botanic Gardens. I like both. In Inverness, I would recommend finding a place near Ness Bank. I stayed at a small hotel, Glenmoriston, but it's gone a bit up scale recently. I also stayed at the Castle View B&B. It was very nice and I would definitely stay there again. Pam

Posted by
203 posts

We've booked the Craigside Lodge Guesthouse in June. It's recommended in Rick's book. http://www.craigsideguesthouse.co.uk/ For Edinburgh we booked the Jury's Inn on the Royal Mile. It probably doesn't have tons of character, but price was right and we'll only be there one night.