Please sign in to post.

Dublin hotels

I'm looking for suggestions for a hotel in the Ballsbridge area of Dublin. I've looked at all the sites, read all the reviews ( as frivolous as most of them are). This is the last booking I need to do for our holiday, and I want done with it. Thanks Peter

Posted by
34 posts

Ck out Andorra B&B. They have a website. They'te across the syreet from Bewleys Hotel in Ballsbridge.

Posted by
165 posts

Joan; very nice, would you consider it walking distance to the city center?

Posted by
165 posts

Has any one stayed at the Lansdown, Pembrook Road, or the Ariel House, Landsdown Rd, or even the Mespil? With the Andorra I've got it narrowed down to four.

Posted by
1035 posts

That Bewleys isn't half bad. Frequent room specials and an interesting history in the building itself. City Centre walkable, but bus and DART are nearby too.

Posted by
37 posts

I've stayed just recently at Pembroke Townhouse on Pembroke Rd., off of Baggott and about 20 min's walk from St. Stephen's Green, and on to Temple Bar. It's a very nice townhouse, Georgian-era building/hotel.

Posted by
12 posts

We stayed at Ariel House in Ballsbridge. It's located directly across from a DART station and down the street from the big rugby stadium. It was very nice. We stayed in one of the less pricey rooms in the more basic area of the inn, but it was still very nice. There are "fancier" rooms with beautiful decorations/furniture/etc. if you prefer. Our stay included a good breakfast with several items to choose from. Just be aware that DART does not run all night and it is quite a hike from the center of Dublin (near the river/Temple Bar/etc) to Ballsbridge. We learned that the hard way. But it is quite there and with a few great restaurants too. Have fun!

Posted by
1878 posts

We stayed at Andorra in 2002 for five nights and it worked out very well. In the morning you can easily catch the bus into the city center, on the way home we took the DART because we could not figure out how to get the bus back. Not a bad walk from the DART, but the bus station was right in front of the B&B. Good to see their prices are still reasonable, we'll probably stay there again next year when we go back. As a bonus, the airport bus stops at Bewleys which is right across the street (check on that one, whether it's still the case).

Posted by
34 posts

Peter, Andorra isn't a walk to City Center, but the bus stop is across the street. About 5 buses stop there.
Double-deckers, at that. Please note that some of the buses either don't run on the weekend or they end early. On Saturday evening we only had 2 choices. But there was plenty of unintended street entertainment to watch on O'Connell St while we were standing at the bus stop waiting. Joan

Posted by
165 posts

Thanks all for your input, we have decided on the Ariel House, it seemed to fit our criteria best, WiFi, parking, reasonable walk to the city center, and easy access to the Wicklow mountains for a day trip. Booking with less than 6 weeks before departure also played a factor, as options were becoming fewer.