Please sign in to post.

Day trips from Dublin.

I'm looking for a great day trip out of Dublin and tour company. We have 5 days in Dublin(in March) and would take 1 day to do this. Thanks Tim

Posted by
9363 posts

The two day trips that are most commonly suggested are to Glendalough and the Wicklow Mountains, or to Newgrange and the Boyne River vally. There are tour companies that do both of these, either as half-day or full day trips. You could also consider taking the train to Belfast and taking a Black Cab tour there. I have done these areas on my own, so I don't know the names of any of the tour companies other than Mary Gibbons. There are several, though.

Posted by
237 posts

If you have any interest in ruins and ancient things I think the Newgrange/Knowth trip is definitely worth it. Drove ourselves - it's close to Dublin - but was really impressed by the sites. If you can work in the castle at Trim nearby it's worth throwing in but not worth a day trip by itself. The country is very small so many more places are in reach of a long day trip - especially if you don't have to do the driving - than in many countries. Enjoy!
=Tod