Please sign in to post.

cornwall

1) has anyone been there recently..how did you like it. 2) suggestions for reasonable nice places to stay while we are there.
thank you

Posted by
2 posts

Hi Carolyn, Cornwall is beautiful and nearly always that little bit warmer than the rest of England. Smugglers coves (Polperro and Looe are good examples) Surfers (Newquay area) Artists (St Ives) Seafood Restaurants (Padstow -Rick Stein's Restaurant, who is a famous chef in England) Beware that some roads are very narrow and have high hedges so it can feel quite strange if you haven't experienced driving in this kind of area before.
So many different kinds of accommodation depending on whether you prefer large hotels or country inns.

Posted by
42 posts

thanks for your reply. is there any other transportation besides driving.....my daughter has driven in England.
but not on narrow roads.

Posted by
993 posts

Hi Carolyn, We were in Cornwall just last spring. It was my third visit there. I love it. Because there were so many of us last spring, we were there for a wedding, it was better value for us to stay the Premier Inn in Helston. Helston was not much to write home about but it was a good base. Before that my sister and I stayed several days in Mevagissey. We would go back there in a shot. I think Cornwall is beautiful. Don't worry about the narrow roads..go slow, use common sense and a GPS. I don't think there is really any other way to get around except by car.

Posted by
33588 posts

1) yes
2) we drove over from Torbay so that wouldn't help..

Posted by
409 posts

(1) Yes, in September and absolutely LOVED Cornwall - rugged, beautiful, quaint, you name it. A little piece of heaven. (2) We stayed at the Downs Farm B&B in St. Buryan, just outside of Penzance - wonderful, homey B&B out in the country but within easy walking distance of the coast. Also recommend renting a car to maximize your sightseeing.