Please sign in to post.

Copenhagen Hotels

Hello! I'll be traveling with 2 other friends to Europe for 2 weeks this summer and our final night will be in Copenhagen (unfortunately, only there for half a day). Does anyone have a recommendation on comfortable hotel accommodations? We'll be coming off 2 weeks of traveling so will be very tired and not up for too much hassle, and are also on relatively tight budgets. However, should have enough energy for a fun dinner destination and some casual walking around. First time in Denmark, so any tips are greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!!

Posted by
12172 posts

If you're there during summer vacation time, many hotels that cater to business conferences offer decent deals. I've stayed at Hotel Phoenix and Hotel Opera. Both are older hotels but decent stays. Phoenix is more recently refurbished and gets one more star (for services they offer), plus one of the best breakfasts I've had anywhere in Europe. The other I'd suggest in the same range is Strand. All of these are up by Kongen's Nytorv/Nyhavn part of town, which would be my choice. The area is a nice place for casual strolling with plenty of food choices from fairly expensive cafes to cheap Kabobs on the Stroget. There is also a grocery store about two blocks away where you can get picnic food and/or a bottle of French wine for half what you'd pay at home. From the Kongen's Nytorv metro stop to the airport is no more than 15 minutes (faster than train, bus or taxi).

Posted by
1010 posts

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen. It is very close to the train station and across the street from Tivoli. We had a high room, overlooking the street. It was very quiet though. We could watch the lights and fireworks of Tivoli. We could walk to the dock and around the city centre.

Posted by
22 posts

We stayed at the Copenhagen Plaza which is near the main train station and cross from Tivoli. It was a delightful stay.. Actually was there an extra week due o the Icelandic volcano a couple of years ago. Everyone was very accommodating towards our dilenma.

Posted by
299 posts

Hi David, I'll be in Copenhagen for 2 nights in September and have also been looking for a reasonable hotel. I checked out the Hotel Phoenix recommended above and it's about $210-250/night. I made a reservation at the Hotel Sct. Thomas, which isn't high end but got some good reviews, for about $165/night. I was rather shocked to see that 25% Danish tax is added on, making it a little over $200/night. That's still more than a little high for me but it's the best I've found.
Thought you might be interested in csse cost is a big factor for you too.

Posted by
1 posts

Dear David, I stayed at Arctic Janus Copenhagen, Great value hotel with very affordable rates of Bed and Breakfast,My friend who frequently visits Copenhagen suggested me few hotels 1.Crowne Plaza Hotel Copenhagen Towers 2.Hotel CPH Living 3.Hotel D'Angleterre Copenhagen 4.Bed & Breakfast Copenhagen and the one I mentioned first. I liked the Arctic Janus. He sent me this link which has comparison of rates and deals from almost all of hotel booking sites, it may help you find your desired hotel in Copenhagen : http://book.hotelsuggest.com/Place/Copenhagen_1.htm -Sam

Posted by
299 posts

Hi David,
I cancelled my reservation at a hotel (mentioned in my post above) and used Bed & Breakfast Denmark instead, a clearinghouse for B&Bs that Rick mentions in his Scandinavia book. The guy who runs it quickly found me a centrally located inexpensive B&B, so I can recommend it. I like B&Bs more than hotels anyway. It's a great way to meet locals and other travelers. Good luck!