Please sign in to post.

Copenhagen

I and a friend will be staying in Copenhagen in early July before embarking on a cruise. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is not too expensive where we can do some sight seeing from by foot? We will probably be there two nights.Thank you

Posted by
1 posts

Hi,

I would recommend Hotel Fox - a funky design hotel that is reasonable and central, also you could try Clarion Hotel Osterport (close to the cruise ports with easy access to the city), or Hotel Esplanaden, Hotel DGI is close to the city center and main train station, or Hotel Ibis on Vesterbrogade.

Finally, if you want to try a hostel, Danhostel is very central on HC Andersen Blvd. (the main street running through city center) and is also a "designer" hostel albeit a bit small, it's in a great location and affordable.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your visit to CPH.

....Laura

Posted by
769 posts

On the RS tour I took this past year - we stayed at the Ibsens Hotel (***) - it was very nice - with free internet oo. Vestersgade 23 - a few blocks away from the main area. www.ibsenshotel.dk

Posted by
505 posts

Hotel Maritime is also well located and not too expensive.

Do be aware that hotel prices for early July may be elevated because of the Jazz Festival. Also, since the festival attracts a lot of people, you should book WELL ahead time.

Have fun! Copenhagen is a wonderful city, and you can walk or take public transport everywhere. If the weather is good, you might really enjoy one of the harbour tours or just a trip on the harbour bus.

Kate

Posted by
2 posts

Thanx very much everyone, I will check out these places.

Posted by
10 posts

How about staying at a convenient B&B? Here's one that is on the main train line and 15 min. into the main Copenhagen station across from Tivoli. Stayed there 2 years ago. sysanne@pc.dk, Anna Christoffersen, Fossgaardsvej 24
2720 Vanløse, 45 3874 5115