Please sign in to post.

copenhagen

I am taking a cruise out of Copenhagen in Sept and will be staying for 1 day pre and 1 day post.Any suggestions for accommodations ?

Posted by
12313 posts

I used tripadvisor.com and found several good options. We liked the Phoenix hotel, newly redone and great breakfast. The Hotel Opera was also fine, it was dated but fine for us. The locations were very good, Opera was one block from the Kongens Nytorv metro stop, Pheonix was a couple more blocks from the same station. Both walking distance to the Stroget and Nyhaven. The Metro from the airport to Kongens Nytorv is literally 15 minutes, there is no good reason to use another way to get downtown. We were there in July/Aug which is supposed to be a better time for hotels. We were able to find double rooms (including breakfasts) for $125 per night. It might be more when you get into convention season. Unlike other European cities, breakfasts are normally NOT included in Copenhagen.

Posted by
38 posts

I have stayed at the Phoenix twice - it is lovely, in a fun location, the staff is very friendly and helpful, convenient to the Metro. You can't go wrong there. Have fun - Jane