Please sign in to post.

Copenhagen

A lot of people have mentioned a boat ride? can you recommend a company? Also, does anyone know any bike tour companies, they would recommend? Thank you. :-)

Posted by
12040 posts

I don't know if they offer tours, but a place I saw that rents bicycles is "Københavns Cykelbørs", located on Gothersgade near the Botanical Garden. When I visited in the spring, it was difficult to find a workable bicycle from the municipal City Bike program. Most were delapidated or had a defect in the locking mechanism. Perhaps the city has a better-maintained supply of bicycles that they reserve for the busier summer months?

Posted by
9 posts

Does anyone know the best guided tour company or can name a great company? Still also trying to find a bike tour? Also, a boat tour? I have heard Copenhagen is a great walking city and I am wondering if it is easy to get around, for the directionally challenged? Also, is there an Iphone app for Denmark or any you can recommend?
As for my cellphone, what are the best European plans anyone has found for an Iphone or Droid? Thank you.

Posted by
14 posts

Do you mean a canal tour? We used Netto and it was recommended by tourists and locals alike. It is less expensive and has the same tour. Richard Karpen (listed in Rick Steve's Copenhagen) does a great walking tour. Even our younger girls paid attention and I felt like a native when it was over! Loved it! Many travelers suggest doing a Hop on-Hop Off bus tour of any new city. It really orients you to the city and it's much easier to feel familiar...in my experience. We haven't tried it but Rick Steve's 2012 Copenhagen book lists a Bike company he recommends--Bike Copenhagen With Mike. www.bikecopenhagenwithmike.dk.

Posted by
12313 posts

I'm sorry Lori, I gave you a couple of options for bike tours. For the canal tour, we started at Nyhavn. Two companies provide boat tours from there. I can't recall the names of the tour companies. If you approach from Konigs Nytorv (the north end of the Stroget walking mall), you will be looking down the canal. One company is at the end closest to you. Another is about 1/3 to 1/2 way down the canal on the right. You want the one on the right. It's about half the price for the same tour. I don't know of any other canal tour options in Copenhagen.