Please sign in to post.

Copenhagen

We are going to be in Copenhagen for 2 nights in late May - and flying out of there. Any suggestions of a place to stay that is convenient to the airport and also scenic things like the Tivoli Gardens? Thanks

Posted by
1570 posts

You don't need a place convienent to the airport since the train goes to the airport. I suggest you stay in town close to the Tivoli and take the train back to the airport when it is time to leave.

Since you haven't mentioned a budget, I suggest the Marriott Hotel - decent rooms, and close to the train station (5-10 mins walk). However, this will be more expensive than hostels or pensions.

Posted by
3620 posts

Tivoli isn't exactly what I would call scenic. It's an amusement park, albeit a very nice one, and a good place to get the local flavor. With such a short stay, I would put a canal boat tour at the top of the list. That way you'll get an overview of the city in a very pleasant manner.

Posted by
1294 posts

My information is from 2003...so a little dated. We stayed in Amagar when we were there. It is a great little area between the airport and downtown. Where we stayed, we were a block away from the bus stop and the metro so getting into town or to the airport was a breeze. The bus runs about every 3 mintues to the airport (literally...every 3 minutes) and the metro is very easy as well. Where we stayed allowed us use of their bikes, and we could bike to the downtown area (Tivoli area) in about 10 minutes. It was also very reasonable. We had a one bedroom apartment that in 2003 was about $60 a night. Of course, this was before the dollar tumbled so not sure how much it would be. I got the suggestion out of RS Scandinavia book, and he no longer lists this person in current editions. The name is Gitte Kongstad Telephone +45 32 97 71 97 email: [email protected] It was a very cute apartment. There was a bakery around the corner for breakfast, and she told us about a great, inexpensive restaurant on the water and within walking distance of the apartment. We were the only tourists there because it was outside the tourist area, but it was great.

Posted by
389 posts

Again, budget not being mentioned, we stayed at CabInn. Please check them out on TripAdvisor.com. People have mixed reviews, but for the price I thought it was a good location and a great price.