Please sign in to post.

Copenhagen 2012

We will be flying in to Copenhagen and staying there for a few days before cruising the Baltic. also one day/night on our return. Can anyone recommend a hotel(s)? thanks!

Posted by
12172 posts

Use tripadvisor.com to find reviews for hotels you might like. If you're going in the summer, hotels that normally book convention business offer good deals. We chose the Strand Hotel and Hotel Opera. Both offered a small double with breakfast (breakfast isn't included in Denmark unless it's specifically says it is) for $125 (US dollars) per night. At the Strand, they were overbooked and sent us to the Phoenix (a sister hotel that was more recently renovated), which was nice and had one of the best breakfasts anywhere. The small double was small but fine for our needs. The Opera needs renovation but worked fine and breakfast was decent, they upgraded us to a standard double. It wasn't huge but bigger than the first room and fine for us. I like the area around Nyhaven much better than around the train station. We used 72 hour Copenhagen cards, the cost is about the same as an unlimited transportation day pass plus entrance to Tivoli, the other free admissions were a bonus. You can get the cards at the information desk in the airport, then catch a Metro to Nyhaven. Kongens Nytorv station takes 15 minutes. Hotel Opera is one block from the Metro station and a block from Nyhaven. The Strand and Phoenix hotels are three or four blocks further in different directions.

Posted by
251 posts

We stayed at the Admiral which is on the waterfront, acrros from the opera house. It is a beautifully renovated grain warehouse. Close to Nyhaven.
we loved it.

Posted by
1 posts

I stayed at Esben Juhl's B&B which is in the Historic Centre of Copenhagen, very close to Our Saviour's Church (you can walk the outside stairway). Transportation was super easy via the Metro, or bus. Mr Juhl was very accommodating and unlike others' experience this was one of the best I've had. The breakfast is very spartan, so I would arrange menu ahead of time. The accommodation was very comfortable for 1 or 2 persons with the addition of a balcony in the room I had. The rate was very reasonable especially as the location was very central.
The rate was approximately $70.00 for a night (single)