Please sign in to post.

chelsea flower show 2008

id love to see this show. anyone have any experience?

Posted by
993 posts

We went a few years ago and loved it. It was quite crowded but lots of fun. The food consessions were few and busy and expensive. It was amazing the different themes people came up with for their entries...from a derelict farm to garden in Provence. Try to get tickets for the first day it's open to the public, who are not invited when the Queen is there, while the flowers are still looking their best. You should also be able to buy a dvd of the show so you can see it again and again. I'd go again.

Posted by
5471 posts

Hi Louise,
I went to the Chelsea Flower Show back in 2000. Make sure that you get tickets in advance. They do sell out. The first part of the week, the show is only open to members of the Royal Horticultural Society, so you will only have a couple of days to choose from (I'm assuming that you are not a member). I would try to go on a weekday. The grounds of the Chelsea Royal Hospital are fairly large and some of the displays are really impressive. I also remember a lots of drink stands selling Pimms and lemonade which seemed to be extremely popular among the visitors. If you like gardening, you will like this show.

Posted by
1 posts

Member's Only day is the only day you should go because of the huge crowds. A great package which includes Member's tickets is at www.ChelseaFlowerShowTour.com. There is also a free "Insider's Guide" that is offered that has a lot of good background that can be easily downloaded. It is the most special gardening event in the world!