Please sign in to post.

Channel Islands

Does Rick cover Jersey and Guernsey Islands in any of his books? I have France and Great Britain and do not see them mentioned in either of those. Thinking of including them in a trip next year. Thanks.

Posted by
1986 posts

I doubt that Rick covers them, else there would be more questions about them. Worth seeing for a short visit We did a couple of days on Jersey and then a one day hovercraft trip to Sark (to and from Jersey). If you like relaxing on beaches or wandering down country roads you could spend longer on Jersey. Sark is definitely worth a day trip- no cars allowed (other than a few tractors). Easy walking within the village (mostly farm houses) then across the "causeway" to the smaller peninsula. Cream tea or lunch awaits over the causway. Wander back to the harbor in tiime for last return trip. Jersey has an interesting town, local busses all around the island, a castle, an interesting harbor village with restaurants; Gerald Durrell's Zoo, good beaches (ice cold water) Never made it to Guernsey

Posted by
1068 posts

I believe Martin Clunes (best known in the USA for "Doc Martin") covers them in his delightful "Islands of Britain" series. Can't vouch for the security of this link, but it says you can watch for free! http://www.ovguide.com/tv/martin_clunes_islands_of_britain.htm (And I just tried it. Videos stream nicely, and my hard drive is not yet toast.) I loved this series. He goes into good detail, and made me absolutely MAD to go.